Monday, October 26, 2015

Heath Morrow, A fifth grade teacher dresses in BlackFace for Halloween

Heath and Shannon Morrow were criticized after posting this Halloween photo.

Couple under fire for blackface Kanye Halloween photo


Heath and Shannon Morrow were criticized after posting this Halloween photo.

The Alabama teacher who posed with his wife in a controversial blackface Halloween photo apologized for his "error in judgement," but both maintain they did not intend any malice.
Heath Morrow and his wife Shannon were under fire after posting a photo on Facebook of the couple dressed as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
In the photo, Heath Morrow can be seen in blackface while wearing Kanye's signature glasses and holding the sign "Kanye for Prez 2020."
The couple posted the photo on Facebook, but took it down following an uproar.
"I didn't know dressing up as a celebrity couple would cause so much controversy," Shannon Morrow wrote in a message to the Daily News on Monday. "There was no malicious intent in this costume. It's for HALLOWEEN, the one time a year it is okay
"Some of my husband's best friends are black," she continued. "There was no racial intent whatsoever."

The Alabama couple posted the photo, and then took it down.

The Alabama couple posted the photo, and then took it down.


"I didn't know dressing up as a celebrity couple would cause so much controversy," Shannon said.

"I didn't know dressing up as a celebrity couple would cause so much controversy," Shannon said.

She said "there was no racial intent whatsoever."
Heath Morrow, who teaches fifth grade at Chestnut Grove Elementary School in Decatur, apologized on Monday.
"My intentions were not malicious or directed toward any certain group of people," he wrote in a statementobtained by WHNT. "I would also like to say that everyone who knows my character and knows my heart, knows that I have never seen color in my life.







"I wasn't raised or taught that way and do not raise my children that way," he continued. "I see people for who they are, and my wife and I go out of our way to help anyone we can in my profession as any educator. When deciding to dress up for a Halloween party, my wife and I made a decision based on celebrities and the political climate today. I do not want this to reflect on my school or school system based on a poor decision that I made. Again I apologize and this will not happen again."

Link: http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/couple-fire-blackface-kanye-halloween-photo-article-1.2411488?utm_content=buffercf70b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

No comments:

Post a Comment