Sunday, February 22, 2015

When Hatred Knocks at Your Door Greet It With a Smile



 Nasim Asgari

A 17 year old muslim girl that blows your mind away with the most powerful weapon she has, her hijab, her pen and her voice.
"When hate comes knocking at your door, greet it with a smile and tell it, "it is too late because love is already having tea inside". Simply awesome from Nasim Asgari. Her name translated in Arabic, the first name means "breathe" and he surname means "warrior.
"It pains to have to translate my name into an imperial colonial tone for you to understand as it loses its poetic merit in translation as it is so weak it cannot be compared to its shadow. This name can be found in great poets of Harvis, Sahrab and Rummi, as exotic as may sound but the media and the government has labelled people who look like and dress like me as “terrorist”......
"This is not an apology letter for a crime I have not committed...nor do I need to make apologies for the choices I have made with what I choose to wear. This is for the men and women who rudely question my independence.
This is for the children at school whose visions have been tainted with images of puppets that have more control over them than their parents…..The world has simply moved on beyond the me that is me and the universe that is within. As salamun wa alikum - Peace be unto you”.........
“I have decided to un apolitically raise my voice and my pen are the most powerful weapon I own. I refuse to accept that we are all the same. I don’t want to fit into your system of robots and puppets….Some men may be solders but woman are warriors. Her survival in itself is an act of resilience and courage….I want to teach my children to radiate warmth. When hate comes knocking at your door, greet it with a smile and tell it, "it is too late because love is already having tea inside".
How quickly we judge. A reminder for the day.
Please share this video wide and far as this an awesome message from 17 year old young lady that we all need to reflect upon. So what do we do when hate comes knock at the door.


‪#‎chapelhillshooting‬ ‪#‎Muslimlivesmatter‬ ‪#‎spokenword‬ ‪#‎toronto‬

No comments:

Post a Comment