Friday, October 17, 2014

Joe Biden’s Son Hunter Discharged From Navy for Positive Cocaine Test

453378695-vice-president-joe-biden-waves-as-he-walks-out-of-air

One of Vice President Joe Biden’s sons, Hunter Biden, has been discharged from the Navy after reportedly testing positive for cocaine, the Wall Street Journal reports.
According to the Journal, Biden, 44, joined the Navy Reserves last year and because of his age had to go through a commission that required him to submit to a drug test. After he reportedly tested positive, his brief tenure with the Navy, which included a part-time job, was terminated.
Since the Navy does not make discharge information public, the Journal did not state whether Biden’s discharge was honorable or dishonorable.
“[It was] the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge,” Biden wrote in a statement viewed by the Journal. “I respect the Navy’s decision. With the love and support of my family, I’m moving forward.”
The Journal noted that Biden’s fall from grace shouldn’t be that bad, since he is a lawyer by training and currently a managing partner in an investment firm.




Link: http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/10/joe_biden_s_son_hunter_discharged_from_navy_for_positive_cocaine_test.html

No comments:

Post a Comment