Sunday, June 23, 2013

Milwaukee teacher cuts off little girl’s natural hair as punishment, throws it away in front of her

21944795_640X480

This is 7-year-old Lamya Cammon. Her teacher took her in front of her Milwaukee public school class and cut off one of her braids as punishment because she kept playing with her hair. The teacher has received just a small fine and is still in the classroom.


Here’s an excerpt from the story:
“She told me to stop playing with it. Then cut it off and sent me back to my desk,” Cammon said.


“I went to my desk and cried. And they was laughing,” Cammon said. “She threw it away, and she said, ‘Now what you gonna go home and say to your momma? ‘ And I said, ‘That you cut off my hair,’” Cammon said.
The full article is HERE. You can watch news coverage of the story below:

No comments:

Post a Comment